cop·u·la·tion n. [kop-yuh-ley-shuhn]
Origin: 1350–1400; ME copulacion <- L copulation- (s. of copulatio) a binding together. See copulate, -ion
- the act of sexual intercourse between consenting adults, To engage in coitus or sexual intercourse.
- Partners can include woman and man (straight), man and man (gay), woman and woman (lesbian).
- the man's penis is inserted into the sexual partners orifice and excited until orgasm and ejaculation occur.
[Latin cpulre, cpult-, to join together, from cpula]
- Exact synonyms: Carnal Knowledge, Coition, Coitus, Congress, Intercourse, Relation, Sex Act, Sexual Congress, Sexual Intercourse
- Generic synonyms: Sex, Sex Activity, Sexual Activity, Sexual Practice, Sexual Relation
- Specialized synonyms: Defloration, Ass, Fuck, Fucking, Nookie, Nooky, Piece Of Ass, Piece Of Tail, Roll In The Hay, Screw, Screwing
- Sexual slang: Shagging, Shtup, Hanky Panky, Penetration, Criminal Congress, Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
- Oral copulation: Mouth contact with the penis (fellatio) or the vagina (cunnilingus).
- Anal copulation: Sexual intercourse by penetrating of the rectum of a male or female partner.